Tactical turn-based future-sports football game Frozen Endzone (holy hyphen spam, Batman) is now available through Early Access on Steam.
By pitting teams of sinister looking robots against each other in a deadly game of ‘future football’ (Not the British kind, but the pretend football you see in America) Frozen Endzone hopes to score the same popularity that its predecessor – Frozen Synapse - received.
Launching alongside its Early Access release, Frozen Endzone will also get a number of updates to the current beta version of the game.
- Players can now have stats: strength, resilience, “burst” (a small burst of acceleration when getting the ball), evade, intercept radius, block radius
- “Handball” (now called “Full Match”) game mode enters beta. This has been totally revamped to accommodate stats and is now the main game mode. Lots of turnovers, interceptions, end-to-end action, and new points zones make this really exciting and strategic.
- Team Editor allows you to name your players and set their stats; upload your team to the server and use it in multiplayer or skirmish with it offline
- Completely revamped, much more intelligent AI and a selection of new AI skirmishes
- Easy-to-use tile-based Pitch Editor (alpha)
- Custom Game Mode creator (alpha)
- Commentary system (alpha): commentary makes use of player names; in single player, the AI calculations are also used to allow the commentators to analyse your play-style; in multiplayer, the commentators will discuss your previous history with your opponent
- New animations and some big improvements to camera code
- There is now in-game audio to go with the music!
And if that wasn’t enough, here’s a brand spanking new trailer with developer Paul talking us through some of the new features listed above.
© 2014, The Indie Mine. All rights reserved.