The Indie Mine The Indie Mine
Menu
Search

Kerbal Space Program Review

This forum is for discussing all gaming articles posted on The Indie Mine.

Postby Oliver Radini » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:36 pm

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Build rocket, fly rocket, crash rocket.
Oliver Radini

Postby Laerrus » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:12 am

Got the demo last night, never really buy games these days... Bought the full version this morning after waking up...

Didn't want to, because of the 'simple look', but couldn't stop thinking about the actual guts of the game...

Spent the night launching satellites into orbit, and wondering what kind of maniacs work at NASA...

Even in it's early form, it is well worth the money if you have some imagination to apply to the sandbox mode; fantastic piece of software, don't really want to even call it a game, reminds me of the heyday of independent games in the 80s and early 90s, that kind of innovative, difficult to master style of artistic craft.
Laerrus

Postby Oliver Radini » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:43 am

I'm glad to hear that you liked it. You're right, in a lot of ways it isn't like a game, and more like a simulator. Perhaps when they add missions it'll feel more 'game-like'.
Oliver Radini

Postby Cody » Wed May 01, 2013 2:58 pm

I agree with Laeruss wholeheartedly. At its heart, KSP is a simulation and not truly a game at all, but the amount of fun to be had cannot be overstated.

I think the comment about two play styles hits the nail squarely on the head, and is one of the main reasons this game has such wide appeal despite its underlying difficult mechanics.

I HIGHLY recommend anyone try the demo of this game at the very least, as it is one of a kind in my experiences, and not to be missed.
Cody

Return to The Indie Mine Gaming Articles