The Indie Mine The Indie Mine
Menu
Search

Dungeon Plunder Review

This forum is for discussing all gaming articles posted on The Indie Mine.

Dungeon Plunder Review

Postby Brandon Schmidt » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:00 am

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Gaming genres collide in this bold iOS title.
Brandon Schmidt
Site Admin

Dungeon Plunder Review

Postby Dominic Duchesne » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:14 pm

Thanks for the write-up Brandon.

Let me tell you that it shows you spent some serious time in the game prior to writing it unlike what I've seen from some of the reviewers on bigger sites - kudos for that.

I like your conclusion because that's exactly where I'm aiming (after introducing the 2 new classes): expanding the variety of the world encounters to make it more interesting on successive games (a sample of what's to come is in the next weekly update) and adding some background material on your trip so you can feel more what's happening, who are the dungeon bosses, etc.
Dominic Duchesne

Re: Dungeon Plunder Review

Postby Brandon Schmidt » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:28 pm

Dominic,

A lot of the games I review on here I never end up picking up again. Even some of the best ones. It's just a lack of time with having new things to review. So when I say I'm genuinely excited to see and play what's coming down the line for Dungeon Plunder, I really mean it.

I'm really glad version 1.15 released this week, although it meant I had to scramble to reevaluate the game and touch up the review. In my first pass of the review, I chastised the design of the enemies because there was no variety in the way they fought. I was very happy that the update corrected that because a) I'm an honest reviewer but don't enjoy having to criticize a game, and b) it just makes the game that much more interesting.

Be sure to let us know when these patches come out, and feel free to share any update news with our readers.
Brandon Schmidt
Site Admin

Return to The Indie Mine Gaming Articles