My Latest Book Is...

All other indie books-related topics are discussed here.

My Latest Book Is...

Postby Brandon Schmidt » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:42 pm

Are you an indie author that's either recently published or self-published a book? Are you currently working on a title that's about to be released? Why not share the details here with our readers?
Brandon Schmidt
Site Admin

Re: My Latest Book Is...

Postby avarisclari » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:38 pm

I'm currently running an IndieGoGo to attempt to publish my book, Dragua Montana. It's a fantasy/adventure/old romance (non perverted, more about how they see each other).
Edit:
Since I was told to include a link, here ya go! http://igg.me/at/dmpub/x/1005281
After some conferring with my inner self doubt, there is an update on there saying that I will make it into a game if I meet the goal as well.
Last edited by avarisclari on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
avarisclari

Postby Brandon Schmidt » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:48 pm

avarisclari wrote:I'm currently running an IndieGoGo to attempt to publish my book, Dragua Montana. It's a fantasy/adventure/old romance (non perverted, more about how they see each other)

Thanks for the tip, avarisclari. Feel free to include a link to the Indiegogo campaign.
Brandon Schmidt
Site Admin

Postby mycroftmagnusson » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:54 am

Hello,

I would like to tell you about my debut novel, Sweet Money Won. It is a work of crime fiction, mixing suspense and humor, and it is intended for adults.

Title: Sweet Money Won
Author: Mycroft Magnusson
Genre: Crime Fiction
Page Count: 404 (paperback)
Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Rick-Liam-Sweet-M ... 481952811/

Log line:

Rick and Liam are two small-time con artists from LA's Koreatown, desperate to pay off their gambling debts. They get mixed up with Russian sex-traffickers, in a scheme to blackmail a philandering congressman. Sweet Money Won balances character-driven suspense with a comic portrait of masculinity in crisis.

Reviews are welcomed! I noticed poker-related material here at The Indie Mine, and there's a poker sequence early in the plot of Sweet Money Won which you might enjoy.

Regards,

-Mycroft Magnusson
mycroftmagnusson

Postby Brandon Schmidt » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:46 pm

mycroftmagnusson wrote:Hello,

I would like to tell you about my debut novel, Sweet Money Won. It is a work of crime fiction, mixing suspense and humor, and it is intended for adults.

Title: Sweet Money Won
Author: Mycroft Magnusson
Genre: Crime Fiction
Page Count: 404 (paperback)
Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Rick-Liam-Sweet-M ... 481952811/

Log line:

Rick and Liam are two small-time con artists from LA's Koreatown, desperate to pay off their gambling debts. They get mixed up with Russian sex-traffickers, in a scheme to blackmail a philandering congressman. Sweet Money Won balances character-driven suspense with a comic portrait of masculinity in crisis.

Reviews are welcomed! I noticed poker-related material here at The Indie Mine, and there's a poker sequence early in the plot of Sweet Money Won which you might enjoy.

Regards,

-Mycroft Magnusson

If the writing's half as good as the plot sounds, I think you've got yourself a fine debut novel.
Brandon Schmidt
Site Admin

Postby edmjill » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:08 am

Hi There!

I have two awesome indie mystery novels that I'd love to introduce you to! The books feature an edgy, urban female private eye named Sasha Jackson.

http://www.amazon.com/Lies-Sasha-Jackso ... B006VXOMKY The Lies Have It In a nutshell, this book is about the murderous collision between politics and kinky sex!
http://www.amazon.com/Light-District-Ja ... m_kstore_1 Dead Light District In three simple words, this book is: Fishnets, Fajitas & Forensics!

The plots are stand-alone, so the books don't necessarily need to be read in order.

Here's a brief description of Sasha:

As her 30th birthday approached, rocker chick Sasha realized she was never going to make it in the music biz, but after a decade belting out cheesy cover songs in Toronto bars, she doesn’t have a lot of options. The night gigs have pretty much ruined her for ever working 9-5. She’s broke, fed-up, and perennially single, so she decides to move back home, and go back to school to train as a private investigator. Oh yeah, her brother Shane the Chef just moved back home, too. You can imagine how happy their empty-nester Dad is...

Open-minded, independent, and fiercely loyal, Sasha does whatever she can to help those near and dear to her, as long as it sits well on her own moral compass. Although she always does the right thing, she usually does it the wrong way, and she’s likely to tap out a drum beat as she bends the stupid rules that shouldn’t be there in the first place.

NB: There is another book in the series (actually the first book) that was traditionally published, so I haven't listed it here.
edmjill

Postby Brandon Schmidt » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:20 pm

edmjill wrote:Hi There!

I have two awesome indie mystery novels that I'd love to introduce you to! The books feature an edgy, urban female private eye named Sasha Jackson.

http://www.amazon.com/Lies-Sasha-Jackso ... B006VXOMKY The Lies Have It In a nutshell, this book is about the murderous collision between politics and kinky sex!
http://www.amazon.com/Light-District-Ja ... m_kstore_1 Dead Light District In three simple words, this book is: Fishnets, Fajitas & Forensics!

The plots are stand-alone, so the books don't necessarily need to be read in order.

Here's a brief description of Sasha:

As her 30th birthday approached, rocker chick Sasha realized she was never going to make it in the music biz, but after a decade belting out cheesy cover songs in Toronto bars, she doesn’t have a lot of options. The night gigs have pretty much ruined her for ever working 9-5. She’s broke, fed-up, and perennially single, so she decides to move back home, and go back to school to train as a private investigator. Oh yeah, her brother Shane the Chef just moved back home, too. You can imagine how happy their empty-nester Dad is...

Open-minded, independent, and fiercely loyal, Sasha does whatever she can to help those near and dear to her, as long as it sits well on her own moral compass. Although she always does the right thing, she usually does it the wrong way, and she’s likely to tap out a drum beat as she bends the stupid rules that shouldn’t be there in the first place.

NB: There is another book in the series (actually the first book) that was traditionally published, so I haven't listed it here.

Thanks for posting, edjmill. Do the books need to be read in the order they were released? Or do the later ones make sense on their own?
Brandon Schmidt
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion